DePuy Hip Implants Recalled Due To High Revision Rates.

DePuy Lawsuit FAQ

Have any lawsuits against DePuy already been filed?

The first DePuy hip replacement lawsuit was filed in March 2009. Since then, patients in states such as California, Florida, Texas, Illinois and Connecticut who have undergone replacement surgery or experienced other problems with a DePuy hip implant have also filed lawsuits against the company.

What if my hip implant has not been replaced?

Patients who have experienced problems with a DePuy hip replacement—but who have not yet had their device replaced—may still wish to speak with an attorney about their legal options. Because DePuy hip implants may fail several years after surgery, patients who are experiencing even minor discomfort may not require a second hip replacement surgery until well into the future.

Can I join a DePuy class action lawsuit?

Patients who have experienced problems with a DePuy hip replacement may be eligible to join a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of DePuy users. However, because class action settlements can place limits on the amount of compensation you receive, DePuy patients should speak with a lawyer about their legal options before joining a class action case.

Have lawsuits been filed regarding other hip replacement devices?

Patients who have experienced problems with other hip implants—including Zimmer Durom Cup and Stryker Trident hip replacements—have also filed lawsuits against the manufacturers of these devices. Due to problems with the devices, Zimmer and Stryker issued a recall for the Durom Cup and Trident hip implants in July and January 2008 respectively.

How do I know if I qualify to file a lawsuit?

If you or a loved one have experienced pain or other symptoms with a DePuy hip replacement, contact the lawyers at Hissey Kientz, LLP to learn whether you may qualify to file a lawsuit. You can reach us by calling toll-free at 1-866-275-4454, or by filling out the free case evaluation form on this page.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation.

I am currently represented by an attorney.
*Required fields